Friday, August 12, 2011

streetogrOFF - "Coffee Break"


I am not much of a portrait street photographer anymore, I find my tastes and style of shooting has evolved into something else.  I guess for me I find street portraits, even when candid, to be usually forgettable.  Sure they almost always portray a powerful emotion but this rarely reaches inside me and moves me.

Now with that said once in awhile I still do find "characters" that I find interesting and seem to have quite the story to them.  Today's shot is one example of that.

3 comments:

hocam said...

Are the people unaware of you taking their photos Aaron or do you ask permission? I am not comfortable taking their photos without permission, but if you ask you lose the naturalness of the "pose" This is wonderful capture.

Aaron said...

I have only asked permission on a rare occasion, I prefer to be more of an observer that just records what I see. With that said I don't hide my camera by shooting from the hip, preferring to use the viewfinder that way if someone doesn't want to be in the picture the have the option to not walk in front of my camera :)

melissa said...

That is so true...when I look at street photos, it seems that the photographer is at the right place at the right moment. This is truly amazing :)

Get Updates Delivered Direct

Subscribe to The RSS Feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner