Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Smaill Town Street Photography Blog

As many of you know Street Photography is a genre of photography that is just blowing up right now in popularity, and as such Street Photography blogs are popping up on the internet on a daily basis .  So why then would I create a Street Photography blog when there is such a vast sea of Street Photography blogs that already exists?  Wouldn't my street photography blog, streetogrOFFY, just get lost in this vast sea?


Well I created this Street Photography blog for mainly two reasons, I have a little bit of a unique and niche situation, and the bulk of street photographers are beginners.



A Street Photography Blog with a Niche: Whenever you search the vast majority of street photography blogs you will quickly realize that the bulk of street photographers live in major centres like LA, Tokyo, Paris, London, and New York (just to name a few).  Basically anywhere you find a large city you are bound to find wonderful street photographers, with wonderful street photography blogs.  But what about all of us that live in small towns and don't have that endless flow of constantly changing subjects.  In our circumstances if we want to shoot street photography we have to go out and find subjects to shoot.  I started this Small Town Street Photography Blog because I wanted to show it is possible to get great street photographs in a small town (I hope :) )


A Street Photography Blog for beginniners:  streetogrOFFY isn't exactly tailored to beginners per se but because I myself am pretty much a beginner to the street photography genre (only couple months under my belt), this blog will follow the progression of my journey from beginner street photographer to whatever it is I may become ;)  The articles I write will be based on my experiences going along this journey and beginners to this genre might find them interesting. 


I had no illusions of grandeur when I created my street photography blog, streetogrOFFY.  My main purpose is to mainly showcase my favorite images as I progress myself as a street photographer, hopefully get some wonderful comments and critiques on the images, find out what images people like and don't, and do a couple writing posts about different things I have picked up along the way.

7 comments:

sulekkha said...

Aaron, a street photography blog sounds fun, as long as people who are photographed do not object to them, when they happen to see them later. Hope you do great and don't encounter any obstacles along the way, best of luck.

melissa said...

I laud you for your creativity. Showcasing your talent as a street photographer is very much welcome. It would be really wonderful to see your unique images :)

BlogNostics said...

We're very interested to see your images Aaron. You are very talented.

Mari Sterling Wilbur said...

I know you will have a great time with this! I can't wait to see your wonderful photos and read your posts :D

Debra said...

Aaron, you have found your niche and it sounds like a winner! Go for it and have fun while you’re at it. I’ll be checking in to see your latest work.

FherYmas said...

StreetogrOFFY!!! Brilliant coinage...can we say anytime soon this term will be included in Webster? As we can see the sudden influx of street photographer...just like the term pix and xerox...
http://fernandoymas.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

WOW great pics......your friends in shipping love them!!

Get Updates Delivered Direct

Subscribe to The RSS Feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner