Saturday, July 30, 2011

streetogrOFFY Manifesto

Well this new blog has formed but is still in its infancy.  There are a bunch of images, but nothing explaining the blog along the top.  So I am sure all of you are wondering what is streetogrOFFY?

Well really it is my own play on the word, streettography or street photography, but it is also something much more than that. 

Street photography is such a wonderful genre of photography.  It is pure, perfect, and untouched.  It is a moment frozen in time that will never be repeated again.  I think that is what makes it so powerful, it is raw. 

There are no rules in street photography, it is art and therefore up to the artist to create.  Some people will like their art, while others could find it displeasing and offensive.  That is the beauty of art. it is supposed to spark an emotion connection or response within the viewer.

streetogrOFFY is a learning process.  I will continue to grow as both a photographer and person.  As that growth occurs, so too will growth in my art.  This is the documentation of that journey.

streetogrOFFY is discreet.  It does not disturb or influence the subject, but rather documents that moment of beauty.  

But above all else:

streetogrOFFY is me.  It is my documentation of the raw untouched beauty I see all around me. 

I didn't always see this beauty, in fact most of us walk down the street with blinders on unattuned to this beauty around us.  I was once like this, it took a major illness (leukemia) to open my eyes to the world around me.

My eyes are open now, camera is ready, and streetogrOFFY is born.  

7 comments:

tbaoo said...

hi there aaron, i've spotted some of your amazing photographs on a site that's soon to go live .. fan-bloody-tastic :)

BlogNostics said...

Gorgeous images my friend.

A

Hajra said...

Congratulations on the new blog! Lovely topic! I would like to feature your blog for a series I am doing...I thought your new blog would be apt for it? Okay? Message me if your interested!

Lovely photography!

Thom Brown said...

I have found each to be a remarkable photograph. Although they tell there own stories, have you considered telling us what you see (literally or figuratively) in the photograph - either the same day or a few days later?

Penelope J said...

Thanks for bringing up the almost lost art of streetOGGROFFY. I used to walk down the street, always in a hurry, never noticing anything. Then I couldn't walk. When I regained the use of my legs, I walked everywhere and discovered everything that I hadn't seen before. My streetoGGROFER came alive, and snapped away all the time so that I now have an outstanding collection of streetOGGOPHY. Good luck with the blog.

cath said...

Aaron, I found 4 or so years ago when I started taking photography a bit more seriously, I started looking at everything around me and "framing" it in my mind. I still do that, but even more so. It is almost as though when I look at something I see a painting of it.

My eyes are open now. And I don't think I will ever be the same again. The same thing happened when I became a nurse. I can never undo the knowledge I have now.

Good post. I look forward to following your journey.

~cath xx

MuMuGB said...

I love your pics Aaron. Keep them coming!

Get Updates Delivered Direct

Subscribe to The RSS Feed

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner